Our client is a global design, engineering and manufacturing company that offers product solutions for the white goods, commercial appliance and transportation industries and is one of the largest global suppliers of control systems. The expertise of our client in manufacturing customized electronic and electromechanical controls is second to none.
The head office is in Illinois (USA). The company employs over 6,000 people in 14 countries and currently operates three development centers, twelve manufacturing sites and five sales centers. There are currently six locations in EMEA (UK, BG, IT, CZ, SK and TR), and now the important German market is set to be developed. And this in the field of global transportation business.
Did we arouse your curiosity? Then we would like to get to know you. For the job position as:
OEM-Sales Manager Global Transportation Business (m/f/d)
What you can expect:
- Trust in your person
- Independent work from the home-office
- Flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- Competent support from superiors and colleagues at all times
- A wide-ranging, mature and innovative product portfolio that is successfully established worldwide
- A company car for private use
You work independently in the sales region of Germany and are in constant communication with your colleagues in EMEA and your boss, the Executive Vice President for Global Transportation, in the USA. The aim of your activity is 1. to build up sales activities in Germany and to convert them into a basic structure. It is also important to 2. further expand existing sales channels and create new channels. The range of tasks you will carry out can be seen in detail as follows:
- Sales responsibility for the German region with the aim of increasing market penetration and evaluating new sales opportunities
- Maintenance and intensification of existing customer relationships as well as continuous acquisition of new customers
- Consistent implementation of the sales strategy as well as evaluation and development of new sales opportunities and strategy
- Participation in fairs and implementation of product and user training courses at the customer’s site or on the phone
- Development of market and competition analyses
Last but not least, you are the contact person of the management for all questions concerning sales Outlook & Annual Planning, as well as regarding future business and engineering trends in the key markets – heavy duty, automotive and transportation.
- In addition to a business degree or commercial training, you also possess in-depth technical knowledge. Alternatively, you have a degree in industrial engineering, you are a graduate engineer, or you have a degree as technician (m/f/d) and you have in-depth business management knowledge.
- In any case, you can look back on several years of professional experience in OEM sales, ideally in a medium-sized, manufacturing group of companies in the automotive or transport industry or in the sale of products for electric vehicles
- Ideally, you possess knowledge concerning electromechanical and / or electronic controls that are sold as components, assemblies or systems to OEM customers in Germany
- A sound user-knowledge in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and in ERP / CRM software
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Willingness to travel internationally (about 10-20%)
- Confident behaviour
- Communication skills and joy
- Analytical, structured and goal-oriented way of working
- Strong communicational and presentation skills
- Dynamism and charisma
- You were born with intrinsic motivation and self-motivation, you want to build something and put things in motion
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the will to win are in your blood
If we have been able to arouse your interest with this challenge, we look forward to receiving detailed application documents stating your salary expectations and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org .